Huwebes, Marso 24, 2011

literary play "a matter of husband"

“A Matter of Husband”
            The story is about a husband who committed adultery with another woman. Her wife loves him very much so she decided to talk to the mistress of her husband. They had a long conversation but the problem wasn’t resolved. In the end, the husband still chose his mistress. I chose this play because I like the plot. When I first saw all the entries of the drama fest, I was struck by the title, A Matter of Husband. It sounds very interesting. And I am right, the plot is good though there are lapses in the staging but I think it could be modified to become better. The play has three major characters: the husband, wife and mistress. The actors and actresses are good because they memorized their lines. They didn’t commit any buckles when they are delivering their dialog. However, they are not so convincing and realistic. What happened in the play is that they are exchanging lines just like the typical conversation. They spoke gently and softly which made the conversation somehow monotonous. The first part of the conversation between the wife and the mistress was inaudible and incomprehensible. I think they should use microphones especially for the audience to hear their lines. I was sitting already in front, but the register of their voice was so soft. And because I didn’t hear their lines clearly, it hinders me from understanding the entire play. Their props are extravagant yet they don’t maximize the use of their props. They just sat down on the sofa while talking. However, their props contributed in the production because it convinced the audience that the setting is really like a house particularly in the living room. They just used a simple yellow light which I think helps in the production because the place is too quiet and I think dim lights are good for this area. The sound effect used was simple and good. Basically, the plot is good. It is just that, they should modify some scenes especially the introductory part of the play. It should be captivating and motivating for the audience. What they did in the play is that, they just focused in one scene wherein if I will be watching that I will get bored because from start to the end part of the play it was all conversation. I salute the people behind this play. Their props show that they really prepared and work hard for this. Though I see some lapses, changes are always acceptable especially if that change will be better or be excellently. Producing and staging a play is not merely a joke. So, it is a job well done for the class.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento